[OM] A global shipping good news story

Subject: [OM] A global shipping good news story
From: jason.gidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:58:04 +0000
To everyone who is understandably nervous about global shipping sometimes
it does turn out all right

Around Christmas time John H put out a FS note for a few OM-PC's that he
had going.  The thought of getting another OM body complete with a Camtech
overhaul at a good price was too much to resist so I took the plunge.  Now
as you can imagine, working in Banking IT I like to live life on the edge
;-)))) and deliberately forgot to tell him my new address just for kicks
(this is of course a lie :-)).  After a while the penny dropped and I
realised the camera would be sent to my old address nearly 90 miles away!!
I duly phoned the new owners of the house (hoping that the roof hadn't
caved in since we sold it) only to find it came with a customs charge and
they took it back to the depot.  Many phone calls later after being passed
around various branches of the Royal Mail and Parcel Force I discovered
that they had returned to sender.

My heart sank.  After all the mails reporting overseas shipping problems my
hopes weren't high that the camera would indeed make it back to NY this
side of 2010.  However, I got in touch with John, duly gave him my new
address and he kindly agreed to resend it if and when it turned up.  Well
what do you know, about a week later I get an email saying that he'd resent
it and no more than a week later it arrived at my doorstep completely
undamaged and being none the worse for wear having been across the Atlantic
3 -YES 3 - times and the camera was in even better condition than I'd
hoped.

So sometimes global shipping works and my sincere thanks to John H for a
lovely camera and for being patient with a complete idiot.

Jason.

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.