[OM] Re: Digital dilemma

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital dilemma
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:41:40 +1100
Want to get you feet wet? Look for a used didge! I used to own a Leica
Digilux 1 and liked it but sold it to finance my Canon 10D. Found the
panasonic version of it (LC5) the other day for just US$225 including a
spare battery, manual, car charger and filter adapter. Bought it as a
car camera as I always liked the little beast, especially as it has a
good macro. I might have got it even As with the other Lumices, it has
no raw and is unuseable above 100ASA bit I still like it for all sorts
of odd and idiosyncratic reasons (I like TIFF, OK).
I have a friend in a store who is an LZ fan from the first model and
has always sold as many as he can get - boatloads. They don't seem to
come back under warranty.
AndrewF