[OM] Re: OT Sucking it up

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Sucking it up
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:15:02 -0000
Yay - long live the Dysons !!

Got one here too, and they're excellent.  They could indeed suck the
chrome off a trailer-hitch.

Only down-side I've found is the noise.  These things are LOUD !!  My
old housemate got his Sound Pressure Meter out and took a reading from
where your head would be whilst vacuuming.  Very loud whilst doing the
normal upright stuff.  Get the hose out and apply the nozzle to the end
and the things falls into the "needs a health warning" category.
Seriously !!  If it was classified as "Industrial Equipment" it would,
by law, have to come with a health warning !!!!

Oh, and if you try and extend the hose to 4 metres like the ads say (at
least over here they do !) then DON'T turn the thing on.  If you manage
to hold on to the nozzle, the main body of the Dyson accelerates towards
you in a quite alarming way when you turn it on.  Even up stairs !  Can
it be a little too powerful ?  Well, it can lift it's own weight through
it's suction !!

Jon

OM Content :  Don't ever use the Dyson to clean out the dust from inside
your OM's !!!

<snip>
Sunday morning, the boss lady and I went to Target and bought a Dyson
DC14 animal.
</snip>