[OM] Re: Camera pasition. Was: eos350d

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera pasition. Was: eos350d
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:04:54 +0100
>Bernard Frangoulis wrote:
>>  True. But I find that the base of the camera (OM4-Ti, even with grip
>>  1), when held horizontally, rests primarily on the last two fingers
>>  () of my left hand, while the first three fingers of the left hand
>>  hold and operate the lens rings.
>
>   Quick mini-survey -- how many other people hold the camera like this?
>
>   I ask because I hold it completely differently

Well, not so differently in fact. It depends, as in your case, of the
length of the lens. With a 50mm or shorter I can hold the camera like
you (although I do tend to flex my two left hand last fingers under
the camera bottom even in this case). Starting with the 85/2, I
_need_ to flex my last left hand fingers to be able to use the other
fingers to rotate the lens rings.

Is anybody else interested in how we position our fingers... ;-)

Bernard