[OM] Re: An Image from the Archives - 2

Subject: [OM] Re: An Image from the Archives - 2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:01:39 -0800
Richard Lovison wrote:

>I like the mood and feel of this shot.

Thanks! Me too. Midday on a rainy weekday is VERY quiet out there,
although actually within a very large urban area. Might not see another
car for an hour. I did spend a few slow, pleasant minutes talking in my
broken Spanish and his broken English to an old farmworker/sheep herder.
He was very fond of his sheep, but I didn't take their pic because they
were gathered together in a particularly muddy and unscenic area looking
pretty wet and droopy.

>Did you "hug" that tree Moose? :)

Afraid not. Although this land looks wide open, it is mostly fenced and
posted. So not only was the tree some ways away across a posted field,
but it had been raining a lot for days (and off and on during that day)
and anything short of tall rubber wellies would have been disaster.

I got more than enough mud on my boots and in the car from venturing
just a few feet off the asphalt in the rain to get another shot not far
away.

Moose