[OM] Re: eos350d

Subject: [OM] Re: eos350d
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:29:35 -0800
Thanks for letting me enjoy my rant. ;-)  It was greatly enhanced by a
GIANT margarita....

Yes, I exagerated, and I am not completely anti-digital/digital
workflow.  An Olympus rep will be in town next weekend at the opening of
a new location of one of Rochester's leading photo/video stores, and I
will certainly be in attendance.  I'll be asking, of course, where the
OM-4D is, when it will be released, etc.  Oh, and I'd like an SP-D with
interchangeable lenses as well.

You picked up on one of the unstated implications of my rant; that is,
that yesterday's "old" sensor still is capable of wonderful pictures in
the right hands.  Anyone who has visited the Olympus SLR forum on DP
Review lately would think that the E-1 is at least 10 years old, as
words like "ancient" and "outdated" are thrown around.

I think the big question I have for Olympus is:  "What Would Maitani
Do?"  I don't think what we see now is totally Maitani-like.

Earl

Earl