[OM] Re: Camera Hacking disposables

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Hacking disposables
From: Rob Smith <RobSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:37:32 -0000
Being a bit of a hacker myself I can see the fascination with hacking a
disposible camera.
It is just inquisitiveness not the profitability which matters.
I admit do get one hell of a belt from the flash circuits.
After breaking the plastic case clips to obtain entry the final outcome
would never be satisfactory.

This weekend I bought an Olympus Trip 35 and case for £3 from a junk shop.
The iris blades were sticking so I pulled it to bits (noting adjustments)
cleaned all the parts and rebuilt it.
I took a film of shots with it yesterday.
Results unknown at the moment.

How the camera works is marvelously simple and there are no bits which break
off during assembly.
For £3 it cost far less than an Airfix plastic model kit but provides many
hours of tinkering with something useable at the end.

Rob