[OM] Re: OT For the 4X4 Listees

Subject: [OM] Re: OT For the 4X4 Listees
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:14:50 -0800
> From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>> ... you can continue down that river in Egypt if you prefer
>> -- for a while, at least.
>
> After so long of crying wolf, I'm finding it difficult to take anything
> they say seriously any more, even though I suspect there may be some
> truth lurking in it somewhere.

I tend to be the same way. I got sooooo tired of the Y2K crisis, for
example. (But then, I've never had a computer that was not inherently
capable of dealing with it.)

But as one with science and engineering training, and as a pretty
serious amateur scientist, this one has a certain ring of truth to it.
The lines are drawn, and it's pretty clear who the "junk scientists"
are on this issue.

Anyway, I'm not doing anything I wouldn't want to do anyway -- cutting
expenses, paying off debt, always looking to do things in a sustainable
manner, living a simpler life. I'm just driven by a different schedule
than the "someday" those sort of plans once held.

Sorry to have brightened everyone's day like that. You can go back to
your SUVs, guns, politics, and all those other things we aren't
supposed to discuss here. :-)

Okay, drag it kicking and screaming out of me, here's the requisite Oly
content: I'm fence-sitting for the E2. I have an E-20, and am generally
delighted with it, I want the same sort of build and fit-n-finish in at
least 8MPx, so neither the E1 nor E300 impress me right now.

Perhaps Olympus will surprise and delight us with something BIGGER than
8MPx in a prosumer-line camera one of these days!

:::: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/98-4882-15>