[OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question - flash sync

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question - flash sync
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:07:09 -0800
Keep in mind that the duration of the flash is short compared to the shutter
travel time. A black bar is probably caused by the flash occuring when the
shutter is partiallly closed, not the shutter closing while the flash is
occuring.

I get left and right mixed up all the time but the shutter starts from the
film advance side of camera which I believe is the left side of the image.
So it would seem that the shutter has started to close before the flash
fires. Probably the camera decided it needed less than 1/60 sec to get the
right exposure?

-jeff