[OM] (OM) What's so good about the Zuiko 50/2 ??

Subject: [OM] (OM) What's so good about the Zuiko 50/2 ??
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:12:30 +1300
Hi all,

There has been some talk about the Zuiko macro 50/2 of late.

I can appreciate that once a person has a rare lens like this that has a good
reputation, they might be inclined to talk it up somewhat.

This topic came up about 4 months ago, and I didn't get a convincing
response, so here goes again. (I think Walt spoke in some detail about
general use - thanks Walt)

Apart from general use (and I'd like to hear what is so good about this lens
for general use too, from others), what is so good about this lens, over other
lenses, in macro mode?

I have looked hard and in many places, and have never seen lines per mm
data for this lens, so I have been unable to make an objective decision on its
performance, other than Gary's data (which I hold in great regard, btw).

Comments?

Brian