[OM] Re: Would you buy a lens from someone who is trying to buy w hat he

Subject: [OM] Re: Would you buy a lens from someone who is trying to buy w hat he is selling?
From: Rob Smith <RobSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:55:05 -0000
I'd be rather concerned.
If he ends up with two he is bound to sell the worst one.
Anything which does not make sense is possibly a bad sign
I was paranoid recenly and insisted on driving to collect the lens with
cash.
Good job too.
The lens was rubbish and I told him it was not as the decribed 'Excelent
Condition' and I left it there.
I think it pays to be paranoid.
Rob

Jeff Keller Wrote:

The lens he is selling is claimed to be perfect. Seems odd to be seriously
trying to buy a lens equivalent to what he has decided to sell. About the
only thing nefarious that immediately comes to mind would be if he swapped
the lens ring making the lens appear to be a more desireable late MC
version.
Yes I'm paranoid, but am I unreasonably paranoid?