[OM] Re: x-ray exposure vs time to develop--does it matter?

Subject: [OM] Re: x-ray exposure vs time to develop--does it matter?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:43:04 +0000
I sometimes will take just one or two shots on sheet film, then maybe nothing
else for a while, like a month or two, or more sometimes.  Unless it's
something I really need to see, I just hold it until I've got at least 8 or 10
sheets to develop, so I wrap the film holder tightly in aluminum foil*, put it
in a plastic freezer baggie, and store it in the fridge until I've got the
requisite number for a dip and dunk.  I've never noticed any degradation, but
it might not show up over the course of a few months anyway.  Nevertheless, my
practice is, if it ain't in a camera, it's in the fridge, and it ain't ever in
a camera more than 90 days, no matter what.

Walt

*Plastic baggies, despite all the advertising, aren't really air-tight,
allowing molecules to wander out and about fairly freely, which is why
drug-sniffing dogs find the "imported" stuff wrapped in plastic, no matter how
many layers.  Aluminum foil, on the other hand, is air-tight, which is why I
wrap my refrigerated film holders in it to prevent any condensation that might
occur during inadvertent temperature changes.  Successful drug smugglers know
this.  Don't tell the DEA I told you.

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --