[OM] Slightly OT: Slide Projectors

Subject: [OM] Slightly OT: Slide Projectors
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:30:02 -0500
Hey all,

Does anyone here have experience with different slide projectors, or
violent opinions about which models to seek out/avoid?

I recently decided to switch over to Provia for most of my color
shooting--all OM of course--since the slight enhancement of colors
seems to work well with what I'm trying to do. So I wanted to upgrade
from my very crappy "see-saw" style projector to a nicer tray-feed
model.

I've had the theory that since Kodak Carousel equipment was so
ubiquitous (in this country at least), getting a Kodak would give me
the greatest availability of trays, spare parts, bulbs, etc. on the
secondhand market. Yesterday at a rummage sale, on a whim I grabbed
an older Kodak Carousel 600 with a malfunctioning advance for $5.
(The malfunction is that it's stuck advancing constantly.)

But before I invest any time trying to rip it open and fix it, I'd
appreciate any thoughts on what route other people might advise. (I
figure that the Ektanar 4-inch lens and a working bulb are worth $5,
even if the rest goes in the trash.)

thanks,

  -- Ross

"Do something foolish once, and it's a mistake.
  Do it repeatedly and it's a philosophy."