[OM] Re: 4/3 adapter + OM Zuikos = $370

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/3 adapter + OM Zuikos = $370
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:15:34 +0100
> > Jeff Keller wrote:
> > > 4/3 adapter with lenses (24/2.8, 50/3.5,70-150/4) sold for $370
> > > 3867118368
> > > That would probably put the value for the adapter at about $120 (?).

Andreas answered:

Jeff Keller wrote:
> Thanks Andreas ... I think. When the price went over $300 I
> decided I wasn't going to bid. If I thought Icould have sold
> the lenses for close to your average, I would have bid.  8^\

Often package offers like this one end to be some
bargain, because seldomly bidders are interested
equally strong in ALL items, making them bid for
their main item and seeing the others as 'surplus'
with lower value. I did buy packages several times
and managed to get my 'main item' basically free
by selling off the 'surplus' stuff. But there is
one but (at least in your example): The lenses have
to reach the average price. Not impossible to do,
but not guaranteed either. Depends on their condition
and your 'careful and convincing placing the offer'.

Andreas