[OM] Re: Was e-300, now - Tell the truth about size.

Subject: [OM] Re: Was e-300, now - Tell the truth about size.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:20:59 EST

In a message dated 1/17/2005 10:58:27 AM Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The  ruggedness of the
E-1 is a HUGE selling point for me as I'm not very gentle  on my
cameras and I do like to shoot in the rain once in  awhile

I just got back from a cruise and one day I went to the beach with e-1 in
tow.  Yes, I'm also careful with my cameras.  After a few hours in  that
environment the camera got a bit of the salt water humidity thing  going on, so
when
I got back to the ship, I took a fairly damp wash  cloth and wiped the entire
unit off.  Lens cap on, naturally.  When I  took the battery pack off, I
noticed for the first time, the o-ring seal where  it slides into the camera
body.
As a SCUBA diver, I was impressed.   There is in my opinion no problem with
build on these things.

As a partial answer to Ken's question about auto focus, I'd say it is nice,
not perfect and is somewhat of a pita when in a dimly lit situation.   Wish
there was a split image and there isn't.  Oh, well . .  .            Bill
Barber