[OM] Re: Was e-300, now - Tell the truth about size.

Subject: [OM] Re: Was e-300, now - Tell the truth about size.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:57:30 -0800 (PST)
Bill wrote:
> My advice, for whatever  it
> is worth, is to go with the e-1 or e-300, if you have a nice
> stable of  Zuiko glass.

Bill sent me some sample images from the E-1 taken with a
selection of ancient Zuikos. I'm still getting around to putting
several up on the website (maybe in the next 48 hours). Anyway,
the results are impressive. I printed a couple 11x14 sized
pictures and found absolutely nothing holding me back. I just
did some resizing of the images to get to my primo-deluxe 300dpi
setting for the Canon S9000 printer.

The picture quality difference between the E-1 and my A1 is
startling.  Same number of pixels, but totally different look.
The E-1 truely produces "film-like" images right out of the
camera.

I'd consider the E-1 because I can now start to pick them up on
the used market in an affordable manner.  The ruggedness of the
E-1 is a HUGE selling point for me as I'm not very gentle on my
cameras and I do like to shoot in the rain once in awhile.  I
figure that I'll be bored with whatever digital I get in a year
anyway, so I might as well get yesterday's dogfood. Oh, and the
ergonomics are the best of the best.  I plan on shooting a
film/digital combo for another two years yet.

One question about the autofocus speed of the E-1:  How does it
compare to the autofocus speed of the IS-3?  (I'm quite happy
with the IS-3's AF speed--good is good enough).

AG

http://my.yahoo.com