[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-105 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-105 question
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:43:17 -0000
Richard Lovison wrote:

> <snip list of visible model differences>
>
> On this later model the aperture closes when an aperture
> smaller than 3.5 is selected (the Zuiko 35-70 f3.5~4.5 has
> the same feature). <snip>

This is something I always wondered about this lens. Since the camera
needs to know what f-stop is selected to give correct and accurate light
meter readings, how does it know (or doesn't it?) on the earlier model
when the aperture lever should in fact be somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5
(i.e. at anywhere longer than 35mm), but isn't? Or are the light meter
readings just up to about 1/2 stop out?

Thanks,

Simon