[OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)

Subject: [OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:09:26 -0700
At 09:59 AM 12/01/2005, Piers Hemy wrote:

>Does anyone have comparison test data on engineering diplomas vs MBAs?

Ooooooh, don't go there.  The biggest rivalries in the MBA program I
attended were between the 'geers getting their MBAs and everyone
else.  Particular disdain was reserved by the 'geers for anyone with an
undergrad diploma in the humanities (and vice versa, of course).  Most of
the time it was a friendly rivalry, but a few times (typically during group
projects) things could get a bit unpleasant...

Interestingly enough, there was virtually no correlation between previous
education (tech versus non-tech) and success subsequent to graduating from
the MBA program.  Seems to have more to do with the person than the
educational background.  One young woman I know had a B.A. in Romance
Languages (strenuously avoiding anything to do with mathematics), took the
MBA, and then became a marketing statistician.  (She's quite in demand,
too.)   8^>

Garth