[OM] Re: Junior photographers (was Diesels...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Junior photographers (was Diesels...)
From: Matthew Born <mborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:28:35 -0500
Is it ever! Gus has been into it since he was about 2. The little beggar has
his own tripod, which is hilarious. Fortunately, he still gets jazzed
developing the film, but when that wears off I'll keep my eyes open for a
cheap digicam for him for the exact reasons you mentioned. Then I'll just
make him shoot film once in a while to keep his feet wet, so to speak. I
like the idea that one day he'll be in high school and he'll actually know
what a film camera is -- probably unlike virtually all of his pals.

I feel a real connection when we go out "picturing" (as he says). I remember
doing precisely the same thing with my dad, and I hope one day he has
memories like the ones I have from those days forty years ago. Not to
mention a few well-stocked albums.

Matthew Born