[OM] Re: "Stopped Down" Preview Metering?

Subject: [OM] Re: "Stopped Down" Preview Metering?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:56:07 -0000
You maybe want to search out an OM T-mount, or better a 7mm extension tube,
Curt.  NB *not* an Auto Extension tube.

The manual tubes, and manual lenses, incorporate a fixed aperture lever in
the same position as the aperture reporting lever on an auto tube/lens.
Whatever the manual lens, that lever is fixed in the same position, which
tells the OM body tha the lens is set at its maximum aperture (whether it is
f/1.2 or f/11).  Assuming your pin-hole lens provides a full frame coverage,
that will set the appropriate bench mark for the metering system.

On an auto lens, the movement of the aperture reporting lever as you change
the aperture setting on the lens simply tells the body that the lens is set
to 'n' stops less than full aperture.  It doesn't signal a particular
f-stop.

SO the answer to your initial question is a definite "Yes" - they all do!

--
Piers