[OM] Re: [OT] Computers and stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computers and stuff
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 16:09:53 +0000
Disappearing letters was a defect in the early Northgates.  Like your IBM
keyboard, the key tops on the 1993 Northgate are still like new, and since this
keyboard became my primary keyboard, it probably has three or four times the
mileage of the one with the now blank keys.

Anyway, it's never been a problem for me.  My fingers usually find the right
keys -- unless I stop to think about it.  As strange as it may be, although I
have made a living pounding out words on keyboards, from manual Underwoods,
through Selectrics, and on to a series of 8088 through Pentium 4 boxes running
XyWrite*, if asked to draw a diagram of a keyboard, I'm sure I'd screw it up
somewhere. If it weren't for the stuff we can do subconsciously, think how
difficult daily activites like simultaneously walking, breathing, blinking and
not dropping our cameras would be.  :-)

Walt, often less than fully conscious anyway

*World's best word processor

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --