[OM] Re: Lacquer-stik paintstick

Subject: [OM] Re: Lacquer-stik paintstick
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:16:16 +0000
A close-to-home remedy and one I have used to good effect is the Testors paint
markers.  They are essentially felt-tip pens full of paint instead of ink, or
whatever's in a felt-tip pen.  I have one each of glossy and flat black, and
they're available at most any hardware, building supply or paint store.  Piers'
remedy might be more elegant, but I've prettied up a couple of old motor
drives, NiCd packs and a memo holder or two, all to my satisfaction with them.
Hell, it's just going to wear off again, sooner or later, unless you quit using
it.

As for the lacquer sticks, I have the full set from Macro Tools.  They are
really useful only for filling in engraved letters, numbers and lines; won't
stick to a smoooth surface.  Using the different colors as appropriate, the DOF
indicator lines on my Tamron 80-200/2.8 now look like they did when it was new,
and any number of Zuikos have lost whatever dingy lettering they may have
acquired through years of use.  They're really fun to use, kinda like big
crayons that you can't really screw up with because they wipe right off it you
don't wait too long.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from