[OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:08:41 -0500
I think all mass-produced cars in recent history (post-war in my case)
have the same relative pedal arrangement (clutch, brake, throttle from l
to r) regardless of RHD or LHD. Anything else would be SCARY and doesn't
bear thinking about. I have met a few North Americans who assumed that
the pedals were reversed for RHD. Non-synchro gearboxes no longer exist
on street cars. I do remember sundry BMC models (now that dates me!)
where first was non-syncho. Minis and the like got a synchro first gear
in the late 60s.

I have also never heard of reversed gearshift pattern either, but I know
nothing about pre-war cars or odd one-offs.  Some, like Ferrari, have
(had) first out of the normal "H" gate, but that's about it. Reverse,
and how to select it, is another story of course. Luckily, it isn't
needed all the time.

Martin