[OM] Re: [photos] Winter Woods

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] Winter Woods
From: "DICK LAGUE" <rlague@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:52:35 -0800
Great shots.  Where is Shaw Pond?

Dick Lague

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Richard Lovison
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 3:25 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] [photos] Winter Woods

Here are a couple of shots taken on a 2 hour hike into the woods where
I followed a stream that feeds Shaw Pond.

http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/WinterWoods.html

My wife usually worries when I disappear for so long because this area
is a favorite hunter's paradise... I've yet to bump into one of those
rascals yet though.

These woods are wonderful to walk through at this time of year since
all the underbrush is without leaves... very easy to maneuver, no bugs
and vey peaceful. :)  I tried to capture the beauty I felt on my walk
in these two shots despite all the clutter and entanglement.

I walked along the stream bank for about an hour until it finally
widened into marshland... very other worldly at that point.  I couldn't
figure a way to capture the marshy area due to all the caos and
clutter.  I'll have to find my way back and try again at a later time.

Happy New Year everyone!
Richard

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250