[OM] Re: OT Rant, was OT Online security etc

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant, was OT Online security etc
From: Glenn Stauffer <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:58:26 -0500
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:02:47 +1030, David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Moose
>
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 01:05:34AM -0800, Moose wrote:
> > PS CS? The WYSIWYG development environment I use? Equivalents to MS
> > Office, including Access and PP? My son's FruityLoops music writing
> > program?

Of course, if your tools only run on one platform, then use that one.
For the past four years, at least, I have only rarely bothered with
Windows.  As a profession, I'm in IT managing enterprise systems
(databases, identity management systems, etc) and all my tools run
under Linux on both my desktop and laptop systems.

At home, the only reason I use a Windows system is to print my photos
to my Canon S900 printer.  I download photos from my digital camera or
my Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV (using VueScan) to my Linux system
(Fedora) and use Photo Tool to organize them and Gimp to edit them.
If only I could print them from here...  Compatibility is something
I'll look for in a replacement printer so that I can do all of my
photo work on one platform.

Performance, Stability, and Security are world's better on my Linux
system than any Windows PC I've ever used and getting the system setup
and working took no great effort.

Doesn't work for everyone; does for me.

Glenn