[OM] Re: (OM) Computing security - OT - and stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Computing security - OT - and stuff
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:48:48 +0000
I think that most elegant bits of software fit in a small space Brian.
I am sorry to hear of your problems; perhaps it's time for a change of
operating system.

Jaime suggested Linux, which I have heard great things about (every day
that I use Windoze at work makes me more frustrated, especially as I am
on a network with many of the control panels, including date and time,
deactivated Grrr!).

I have just found out a bad thing about my Mac: I have just bought a
200Gb hard drive to replace a 20Gb one that was slowing down my machine
through not being ready for some reason; on starting up my 2001 G4 I
find that it will it read it only as a 128Gb one.  I could have saved
myself around GBP20 by buying a 120Gb drive!  Apparently I would have
to have a G4 around 6 months newer than mine to read the full 200Gb ...

Any Mac users with a fix?

Chris