[OM] Re: Olympus viewer 1.2

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus viewer 1.2
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 00:10:23 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, Wayne S wrote:

> I never got the previous version of Studio or Viewer to work on Win 2K.
> After a number of exchanges with Olympus, it was never resolved. It would
> be great if this program worked on Win 2K. I tried it on several different
> machines. I never got a refund for Studio either. I don't use either one
> now, at least not since ACDSee came out with support for Raw and for
> conversion I use either Photoshop CS or Camera One. I've given up on
> Olympus software. This version of Viewer also does not work on Win2k.
> The programs do work on Win XP, just not Win 2K. Now if they just did
> a Linux version.

I installed both version 1.1 and version 1.2 of Viewer and Studio on a Win 2K
machine and neither had any problems.  I used the eval versions which are
available via the Olympus web site so perhaps they're different than the
purchased version.  In what way did it not work on Win 2K?  I mostly use it
on a Win XP machine so perhaps I just didn't come across the bugs that you're
seeing.  The new version is much better than the 1.1 version, you may want to
give it another go.
                                -mark