[OM] Re: a quieter and less vibration OM ??

Subject: [OM] Re: a quieter and less vibration OM ??
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:09:12 -0600
Unfortunately the action of the aperture arm in the camera is what actually
trips the shutter.  As the arm goes up, not only does it close the aperture
on the lens, it also operates a linkage that releases the first curtain
latch.  It would be possible to interrupt this process by removing a portion
of the linkage, but then you would have press one button to release the
aperture arm, then press another mechanism of some sort to trip the shutter.
This secondary release would have to take the form of a pin or lever of some
sort that would press against the first curtain latch, perhaps through an
opening drilled through the bottom cover and/or casting near the bottom of
the camera.  This would also disable the MD switch, by the way.