[OM] Panagor brand

Subject: [OM] Panagor brand
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:27:50 -0500
Piers said:
It's a Panagor, which I had thought was another brand applied to the
same items that were branded Vivitar.
Panagor was a brand name used by Kino Precision Industries, Inc. along
with their Kiron brand.  I believe that the Panagor brand was
principally used in Europe and the Kiron brand in the US.  Kino did make
a lot of lenses for Vivitar and you may very well find a Vivitar and
Panagor/Kiron which seem to be the same or very similar lenses.  The
Panagor and Kiron macro lenses are highly regarded.

Kino Precision was founded by some ex-Nikon guys who apparently decided
to needle their former employer with the Kiron brand.  "Kiron" is an
anagram for "Nikor"

Chuck Norcutt