[OM] Re: inkjet prints: how to avoid "layered ink look"

Subject: [OM] Re: inkjet prints: how to avoid "layered ink look"
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:57:59 -0800
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:50:50 +0000, James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I've found this to be dependent on the ink / paper combination.
> Sticking to Canon paper for Canon inks has given me best results to
> date. Ilford Galerie also seems good from my first print. How does HP
> paper work out (assuming you're using HP inks)?
>
> James

using the best HP paper on our last inkjet (hp895) did the layered thing,
and our new hp (1100, not 1120) does the same on even thicker hp paper
which feels like cardboard) and ditto onthe kodak premium something or
other paper. the printer has a bunch of gee-whiz things for photos like
auto=this auto-that compensation/correct but i did not see much difference
with it on or off. the other question is, should i print in rgb or cmyk
(since the printer uses the latter). it isn't a high end "photo" printer
w/ 6 inks, just CMYK.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai