[OM] Re: Reflecting on the weird stuff we do to ourselves. Slightly on t

Subject: [OM] Re: Reflecting on the weird stuff we do to ourselves. Slightly on to...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:38:26 EST

In a message dated 12/15/2004 4:04:05 AM Central Standard Time,
jason.gidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Good  luck Bill, hope it goes well.

Jason (who's trying to get 'out there' a  little more often, even if not
necessarily producing the  goods)

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

All will go well and I'm looking forward to Thursday night.

If you are releasing the shutter with film or a memory card in your  camera
you are producing the goods.  It is only through actually doing  the work
(getting off our butts and getting on the playing field) that we learn,  grow
and
produce.

I am reminded of something Dewitt Jones said a few years ago when asked
about his work with National Geographic.  He was asked how many good shots  he
got
from a roll of 36 exposures.  His response was that the question was  the
wrong question.  When shooting an assignment for NG, from which the  magazine
might use 15 or 20 images, he said they would use 400 rolls of film  (over
14,000
exposures).  He felt the better question would be, "Did you  get what you
needed?"  That changed my perspective on film.  My  burning film (or pixels) is
learning experience and what I need to do  to get what I need, which is
knowledge and final images with which I am  pleased.  Sounds to me, you are
doing
the same.

Have a wonderful day and burn some film!  Create some images.   Plan your
next project.  Think about your goals for next year.   Reflect on the past year
and acknowledge your successes, as we all have  some.  And finally, as a
special holiday gift to you from you, bring a  little joy into someone else's
life
today.  It is amazing how easily it can  be done and how much joy comes back
your way.  It will likely only cost you  a smile or a kind word.

Again, have a wonderful day that you create through you  intentionality.

Bill Barber