[OM] Re: TOPE 20 anonymity lifted and TOPE 21 shooting season open

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 20 anonymity lifted and TOPE 21 shooting season open
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:52:35 +0100
Yo Marc and Donald,

>What are you doing in Kabul ! translating I guess :)))

Well, some - you can't avoid it in a multinational environment.
Mainly, however, I'm the Web Manager (more commonly known as the WISE
Guy) for the ISAF HQ (being here on reserve duty).

>Have you taken your motorcycle ?

No way to get it over here, but there would not be much opportunity of
riding it anyway - the camp is too small, and outside we're only
allowed to use cars, and never alone.

>Stay safe, big man!

I'm doing my best to ensure that, successfully so far. It's really
been very calm here at the HQ since the elections in early October -
no rocket attacks, no suicide bombers or anything. Still, we're being
careful - you're always on the lookout for suspicious things here, and
you never step outside unarmed. I'd much rather be logging the 2 OMs
around that I brought with me, but the way things are, alas, they stay
in the box under my bed most of the time and I'm only carrying my
small digital Ricoh on my belt (sorry, but in direct comparison the
Oly digicams in the same performance class were just too expensive -
more than double the price of the Ricoh, without any advantages in
performance or quality - when I go for my first digital SLR in a few
years, though, it'll most likely be an Oly).

Y'all take care!

MtFbwy,
Volkhart