[OM] Re: OT *Bay question. To bid or not to bid?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT *Bay question. To bid or not to bid?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:46:01 -0500
Walt asked:
How careful would you be with this seller?  He's been a member of *Bay
since March of last year, but he (or she) has done only two deals, both
sales, one in February of this year, the other in April of last year.
That, in and of itself, doesn't necessarily raise a flag of any color,
but take a look at "View seller's other items."  For somebody who's had
so little activity for so long, suddenly he (or she) seems to have found
a s**tload of relatively high-end stuff to sell.  Can't help but be a
tad leery.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3857909688>

I looks to me like someone who has simply decided (for whatever reason)
to dump his MF and Nikon gear along with a few other non-photo odds and
ends.

What I thought was particularly interesting was the paired Nikon F5's
along with paired gear for remote triggering.  This is not your ordinary
street shooter and there has to be an interesting application story
behind this.

Ask to call and talk to him.  If he can explain how these paired Nikons
were used I'd be comfortable.

Chuck Norcutt