[OM] [OM][OT] Pellix, was Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] [OM][OT] Pellix, was Re: which marco flash?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:26:06 +1100
It made reappearances in the form of the EOS RT (which I have) and an
EOS 1 version. They are an interesting variation - the RT is quieter
than the 630 on which it is based but has the same shutter with a
sticky foam problem when a bumper breaks down. If buying, check/ask if
there are any shiny black spots on the shutter blades as it's a
$100-150 fix and is more likely to be a problem than a dirty 'mirror.'
The finder is dim with more like a two-thirds stop loss but not bad
compared to a digital :-)  The best part is that there is no finder
blackout when shooting which is nice for portraits and for following
action. The speed is scary as you can burn a film in about 5 seconds.
Quite useable with up to an f2.8 lens - remember that lotsa folk get by
fine with lenses in the 3.5 to 4.5 range.
OM content - I have mounted a Zuiko on it.
AndrewF