[OM] Re: OM4 to OM4t board circuit

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 to OM4t board circuit
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:03:21 -0000
Loïc wrote:

> I've bought a minty OM4 for 300€ and i would to upgrade it with an OM4t
> main board circuit for alowing me to use the super fp flash sync
> at all shutter speed. Can somebody tell me if it is possible at an
> affordable price.

AIUI changing the circuit does not give you Super FP flash support. At the very
least you would need extra wiring and the different hot shoe. But I'm not sure
it's possible at all.

> Do i need super fp sync for shooting  rapid motion subjects or can i
> shooting these subjetcs with the x sync at 1/60 at night.

1/60 is fine. Don't forget a normal flash flashes at much faster than 1/1000 (I
think the actual range is about 1/10000 to 1/40000) anyway.

The F280 "simulates" prolonged light emission, where prolonged is up to 1/25
second.

So 1/60 and normal flash will freeze rapid subjects even better than Super FP.
It is more than adequate in dark conditions.

Regards,

Simon