[OM] Re: Hombroich, the pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Hombroich, the pictures
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:42:21 -0200
on 9/12/2004 09:02, iwert at iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just downsize the images to 800*600 as an action in graphic converter.
> After that I don't do any sharpening anymore. I'ld like to make a photoshop
> action for that.
>
> Oh, and good criticisms like these are always welcome!
>
> Iwert.
>
> Moose wrote:

>> Then at Raketenstation-09, I was really frustrated.

First, I'm just learning from you. I don't even know for sure if you were
holding an E-1.

If you're using Graphic Converter 3.9.1: Effect menu -->Sharpen edges.
Default is 15%. To achieve the same sharpenning as with PS 4 by default, I
had to make Sharpen edges twice; and perhaps it's sharper than applying PS 4
'enfocar' filter once. GC has a sliding arrow control on sharpenning
percentage; on my PS 4 applying that filter shows more options and gets
complicated. Wonder how it would be on newer versions !!

Moose is right, it does need sharpenning even on my obsolete Apple
monitor...

BUT why would one need to sharpen the file?

Regards,

Fernando.