[OM] Re: OM-3Ti & F280

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-3Ti & F280
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:33:39 -0000
Piers wrote:

> Can't give chapter & verse because the guy I thought I had a
> deal with to do a swap on a 3Ti reneged - took what was on
> offer but I didn't get the 3TI.
> :-(

Now, who might that have been?

> However, the F280 manual predates the 3Ti - I suggest you
> follow the 3Ti manual.

Yes, but the trouble is that it doesn't make sense. It says the F280
will do something that I don't believe it can (i.e. flash the Super FP
light). And how/why would it do that anyway, since it (the F280) has no
way of measuring whether the exposure was correct? That would have to
come from the OTF metering on the camera itself (per normal TTL), but
then surely the flash unit would respond in exactly the same way as with
the 4Ti? Yet according to the 3Ti manual it doesn't. Maybe the 3Ti OTF
metering doesn't work at above 1/60 second?

Simon