[OM] Re: Great E-1 150/2.0 pix on dpreview.com

Subject: [OM] Re: Great E-1 150/2.0 pix on dpreview.com
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:43:53 -0000
Spot on Walt - a good example which makes it clear.

Now take each full frame photo and enlarge it to 10x8.  The larger the
original negative, the less the enlargement, agreed?  The smaller the
negative, the more critical is the focus.  Thus (I believe) you can get more
DoF from a wide angle lens than from a telephoto.  And it just happens that
on your Graflex (I admit, the battery isn't dflat on mine, I just don't have
one) the 180mm is a wide angle ... You already said it.

I also believe we are all actuallt saying the same thing, so enough already
- this is a discussion to be had with pictures not words.

--
Piers