[OM] Re: Great E-1 150/2.0 pix on dpreview.com

Subject: [OM] Re: Great E-1 150/2.0 pix on dpreview.com
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:44:56 -0000
<snip>
Check out the pictures on dpreview that some guy took with the 150 f/2.0
Zuiko Digital on an E-1.  They're very, very, very nice.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=11247331
</snip>

I'm sure it's a lovely lens, and the flaw I saw was probably due to the
post-processing, but ....

The 2nd picture (I think) of the heron in flight has way too much
sharpening for my tastes.  Especially visible around the legs of the
bird.  To me it just looks like a digital image.  Call me fussy, but I
want my photographs to look ... well ... Natural ?  I would rather the
image were slightly softer if it could lose that awful over-sharpened
"highlight" around the heron.  Digital can just look TOO sharp
sometimes.

None of that is a reflection on the photographer.  I think his shots are
fantastic.  It does just remind me why I still shoot film, though.  Now
if only I could achieve his composition skills, I would probably be
happy whatever the medium !!

Jon