[OM] Re: Philips; cross-point; posi-drive; Robertson

Subject: [OM] Re: Philips; cross-point; posi-drive; Robertson
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:36:21 +0000
I never heard of a Robertson fastener until this all got started.  Must be a
closely-kept secret of the Frozen North.  I mean, the folks up there tend to
call a house a hoose and pronounce "about" like one of those things I wear one
per foot when I go hoofing it off road.  No telling what they call a good screw.

I strongly suspect that it's nothing more than what we in the warmer world call
square drive.  In fact, if you do a search for "Robertson" on the site I linked
to, you are taken to the square drive tips, but there's no acknowledgment of
any "Robertson" anything.  And it seems there's no connection whatsoever
between Phillips and Robertson.  They look to be two entirely different things,
assuming one even really exists.

See here for a more comprehensive listing:

http://www.lara.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?cart_id=520524.8174&detailpage=screwtypes

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from