[OM] Re: Philips; cross-point; posi-drive; Robertson

Subject: [OM] Re: Philips; cross-point; posi-drive; Robertson
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:26:04 -0000
Gareth wrote:

>> Out of interest... in the UK (or to me at least)!
>>
>> Philips    =      +
>> cross point =   means nothing to me at all
>> posi drive  =      * (basically a + with a much smaller x as well; different
>> angle to Phillips)
>> Robertson   =   means nothing to me at all
>
>This might help:
>
>http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howTo&p=BuyGuide/ScrDvrBG.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavHowTo

To be honest, not really! I can't see what Robertson really is because the
picture is too small (and square is something else, and "squared flat tip" is
gobbledygook); it doesn't mention posi-drive and it doesn't mention splined
either (used extensively by VW). I'm sure there are other omissions as well.

So I'm not really much enlightened...

Simon