[OM] Re: M-mount -- Luminous-Landscape RD-1 (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: M-mount -- Luminous-Landscape RD-1 (OT)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:16:21 +1100
Doesn't explain why the CV21mm vignettes more than the CV12mm on the
RD1. Rear lens element distance from sensor is almost identical on the
two at inf.
As to very ordinary performance - I'm using the Canon 17-40 on my 10D
(equivalent 28- to 65-) but it doesn't 'feel' like a 28mm - neither
does the Zuiko 18mm on the 10D - they maintain many characteristics of
the wider lens, like greater DOF. Nice.
I am VERY tempted by the RD-1 - especially the analogue controls.
AndrewF