[OM] Red light, green light. Must be Xmas!

Subject: [OM] Red light, green light. Must be Xmas!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:55:56 +0000
I stuck a T Power Control 1 and T8 ring flash on an OM-4 this afternoon.  I was
surprised to see in the lower right-hand side of the viewfinder a red square
with a lightning bolt where I was expecting a green square and no lightning
bolt, like in a 4T(i)!  Has it been that long since I used a plain 4 with a T
flash?  I thought for a moment something was seriously awry, but the little red
square and lightening bolt blinked in approval of my first exposure, then later
flashed a white-on-blue "under" when I got too far away and had shut the 90/2
down to f/11.  After all, I was shooting ASA 25 film.

Got me to thinking, though.  Could the color of the flash thingy be an
indication of what sort of circuit is in the camera?  Huey's a battery-eater,
although he goes 8-10 months on a set of 357s.  If a plain 4 has T electronics,
would the flash "ready" light in the viewfinder be green or red?

Just curious.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from