[OM] Re: OT - Digital camera for Neice

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Digital camera for Neice
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:43:59 +1100
At 10:36 PM 24/11/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>I am going to purchase a digital camera for my neice and have been
>thinking about getting her the Stylus VERVE. Any thoughts on this
>particular digicam?
>There has been sudden drop in pricing of some Olympus digicams....a
>friend of mine was ready to purchase the C60 and just today noticed a
>sudden drop in the C7000. Perhaps Olympus is taking notes from
>competition. Tho I think that overall Olympus's digicams seem to have
>better quality then some of the crap that Can*n, M*nolta, and N*kon are
>putting out these days.
>
>- Ali

My wife recently bought me a Fuji Finepix S3500 for Christmas and gave it
to me early so I've been able to play with it.  It has a 6x optical zoom
and a 4MP sensor.  This is my first digital (Oly film user for 25+ years)
and I'm very pleased with it.  Until I can afford an E-1 it'll do me just fine.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0407/04072804fujifinepixs3500z.asp

Andrew McPhee