[OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes

Subject: [OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:46:19 EST

In a message dated 11/24/2004 9:25:33 PM Central Standard Time,
farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I picked  one up (F3.5) in a
bargain bin at a local camera shop in Cleveland....not  bad fang for ten
bucks. Someone mentioned that the lens is not good for  portraits. I have
heard otherwise. Whats the deal on this lens? Is this  actually an
Olympus made lens or 3rd party? Just  wondered.

This is not a third party lens.  This focal length is at the upper end  of
what many think of as being a good one for head and shoulder type work.   I
prefer something which requires me to get a little closer like something in
the
85 to 100mm range, however each person has their favorites.  So I'd say
whatever works best for you, is the best lens.  The f3.5 is much smaller  and
much
lighter than its big brother the f2.8.  The question which comes  up for me is,
"How do you like the results you are able to produce with this  lens?"  That
is probably the only question that has any relevance.   Many people prefer the
lens you own.  You got a very good deal on the  lens.  Doris would be proud
of you!  As for the person who said the  lens wasn't good for portraits, did
you see any of their work done with another  lens that you would be proud to
call your own?  I would bet the answer  is "no."  So, use it, enjoy it, produce
some images that please you and  when you decide you need something else (if
that happens) find a new home for it  on the list and find what you are looking
for here.  Bill  Barber