[OM] Re: Free OM Adapter Offer to End (was: Olympus to Compete)

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM Adapter Offer to End (was: Olympus to Compete)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:18:04 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Michael Darling wrote:

> Are they still handing out the adapters for OM lenses? I could probably move
> enough junk on ebay to cover the cost of a body, but my interest in the new
> lenses will have to wait until I have a better paying job ;)

I had it confirmed by a friend in the UK that Olympus Europa will stop
shipping free OM adapters at the end of this month.  No word on whether
or not the adapter will be available for purchase after that date.  I
suspect that Olympus America and Olympus Japan will follow a similar policy.
I assume they're doing this to avoid shipping free OM adapters to all those
E-300 buyers.
                                -mark