[OM] Re: *Bay happiness, warm and fuzzy feelings

Subject: [OM] Re: *Bay happiness, warm and fuzzy feelings
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:44:05 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:

>I've noticed a seemingly increasing number of folks here having *Bay problems
>lately.  I've done probably 80 or 90 deals in the last four or five years --
>not nearly as many as some of you, I know -- but only once or twice have I
>been even slightly disappointed, and never to the extent I felt ripped off.
>
>On a number of occasions, though, I have gotten more than I expected.  Just
>today, the seven "like new" 6x9 Lisco Regal film holders I got on a Dutch
>auction for $4.44 each arrived.  They are definitely like new, apparently
>barely used at all.  And included in the box, since the seller apparently is
>giving up the use of sheet film, were 200 still-in-date* sheets of Ilford HP5.
> Nice bonus.  This rates both an e-mail thank-you and a rave feedback.
>
>Maybe I've just been lucky, which is always better than being smart or good.

I'll second that.

I was frustrated a few days ago by the 80 character limitation for
feedback - because it made it hard to adequately praise a seller. I
bought a Can*n FS4000 film scanner from this fellow. Super, through
communications, including an update on SCSI install issues. The listing
shipping price I paid was for UPS ground, but he shipped it immediately
by 2nd day air, saying it was thanks for my prompt payment. Packing was
great and he included a CD of a scan as an example. He left out the USB
cable, which I didn't need anyway, but immediatly shipped it when he
realized the mistake.

I've felt a bit ripped off a couple of times, but nothing major. I've
had a few items with problems and all but one seller dealt with the
problems fairly with partial refunds, return for repair or return and
full refund. I've also dealt with a lot of very nice sellers.

Moose