[OM] Re: Looking for an extender for Tokina 90mm macro

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for an extender for Tokina 90mm macro
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:54:32 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 4:32 AM

>> I am  looking for the Tokina Extender that allows to arrive to the 1:1
> ratio
>>

> Here is a 1:1 adapter
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3344&item=3855239764&rd=1
> made by Tokina, for the Vivitar branded 90/2.5 macro. I'm not sure whether
> or not it would work equally well with the ATX Tokina, but it might be
> worth
> a try if it goes cheap. I have this Tokina made Vivitar lens and adapter,
> but mostly use the lens without the adapter.
> Wayne

IRRC the Tokina and Vivitar labeled Tokina were described as being the same
optically (perhaps Larry?) but the Tokina doesn't have the tripod mount on
the adapter.

Adorama has the Vivitar 90mm + adapter for $159. A week or two ago either
Adorama or B&H was selling the Vivitar adapter by itself for about $40 but I
can't find it now.

-jeff