[OM] Re: Looking for an extender for Tokina 90mm macro

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for an extender for Tokina 90mm macro
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:32:37 -0400

> I am  looking for the Tokina Extender that allows to arrive to the 1:1
ratio

> I've owned one of these lenses in the past and it is, as I'm sure you
know,
> a wonderful lens.  They are, as are their extension tube, not nearly as
> common as some other third party 90mm macro lenses.  Should you not find
the
> specific proprietary tube, you might attempt to discover the length needed
and
> replicate it with any brand of auto extension tubes which would fit your
OM.
> Irrespective of the tube you end up with, you have a nice macro lens,
capable
> of doing producing outstanding results.  Bill  Barber

Here is a 1:1 adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3344&item=3855239764&rd=1
made by Tokina, for the Vivitar branded 90/2.5 macro. I'm not sure whether
or not it would work equally well with the ATX Tokina, but it might be worth
a try if it goes cheap. I have this Tokina made Vivitar lens and adapter,
but mostly use the lens without the adapter.
Wayne