[OM] Re: A miracle!! Louie is well!

Subject: [OM] Re: A miracle!! Louie is well!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:36:26 -0500
At 03:40 PM 11/23/04, Walt Wayman wrote:

>These things apparently don't have much of a shelf life.  Is it possible
>that refrigerating them might not be a good idea?
>
>Walt

I'm thinking they were simply "bad" for some reason . . . refrigeration
should extend shelf life by slowing internal chemical reactions just as it
does with film.  I refrigerate AgO cells routinely without ill
effects.  Deep freezing in a household freezer is another story . . . don't
know what the limits are before it damaging them . . . and it would vary
for battery chemistry.  Refrigeration has always seemed sufficient for the
stock"piles" (pun intended) at my burn rate of them.

I have experienced bad 357 cells on a couple occasions initially
frightening me but never experienced successive sets cells . . . which
would be more frightening.

-- John Lind